A second charge mortgage works in a similar way to a normal mortgage. You will make monthly repayments until the full loan and interest is paid back, it’s also secured against your property. It can help you to raise funds without remortgaging, you can use the funds for a number of reasons including, home improvements, debt consolidation or a deposit for a buy to let.
If you have been declined by your current mortgage lender for a remortgage or further advance due to bad credit, then a second charge mortgage could be the solution. Our expert advisors work with lenders who offer competitively priced second charge mortgage products for borrowers with current and past bad credit. Rates and criteria are very competitive and our team can access every lender in the marketplace, so be rest-assured that we will get you the best deal.
We are here to help, just some reasons why you might want to use our expert team
- Remortgaging is more costly than raising the extra funds you need through a second charge mortgage
- You don’t want to disturb your current interest-only or low rate mortgage
- You have already been turned away by high street lenders
- High early repayment charges from your current mortgage lender could make second charge mortgages an option.
- You want to release equity in your property for other investments or debt consolidation
- Getting unsecured borrowing such as a personal loan is not possible, a second charge mortgage could be an option.
- You have an unexpected maintenance cost or large tax bill and need to raise funds